giraffe

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting Started

At some point, I got stuck doing life instead of living life. Don't get me wrong, I try to take time to enjoy the many blessed moments of each day but let's face it...being a mom is HARD! These little bundles of joy don't come with an owner's manual, the option to reset, or better yet…a pause button. It becomes a challenge to remember who you were B.K. (before kids) much less figuring out the kind of woman and mom you want to be. So I have decided to take the time to learn about me, put myself in time out every once in a while, and share the ups and downs of this wonderful journey called life (cliché, I know).

So you are probably wondering who is this crazy woman and why does she think she has anything to offer me. I’m a 30 year old (agh!) mother of two adorable but also sometimes trying kids. My daughter is 3, my baby boy is 8 months, and I’ve been happily (albeit we have our share of arguments…who doesn’t) married for almost 8 years. I spend my days working on a university campus surrounded by college students and my nights and weekends at my never-ending job called parenthood. I was a failure at the whole stay-at-home mom thing (tried for 9 months) and absolutely admire and envy those moms who make it look like a breeze. I’ve had my successes and failures and want to share it all. Sometimes as moms we are afraid to discuss the difficult for fear that we will be judged by other moms. This leaves such a void and lack of support during a time when we need it the most.

I do hope that my sharing helps fill a blogosphere niche. This won't be a blog about what I ate for dinner, how many times the Little Professor (my sweet baby boy) rolled over or how many tantrums my pre-schooler can throw in day, but instead how I am choosing to LIVE life. We will talk about topics that we just don’t always see in the mainstream our outside of the “mommyboards” you may have joined. Along the way I'll share tips and tricks to make mommyhood just a little easier. Of course, I HAVE to share my favorite products and indulgences. I promise to throw in a few funny yet awfully embarrassing stories that should brighten those gray, "I want to sell my kids and go back to bed" kind of days. Sometimes I will share my spiritual walk and also talk about those same struggles. On others, I will post on topics that I scoured the internet for during my pregnancies (like exercise), cloth diapering, the joys (and struggles) of breastfeeding, infantile glaucoma (my daughter’s struggle), exercise, quick and easy family recipes, etc. If there is a topic you want covered, just let me know. Ultimately my goal is to build this great network of moms, guest bloggers, and support.

Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

2 comments:

  1. You are always the best resource for new products! :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete